The aim of this Engineer’s Ireland accredited course is to provide an understanding of the new DALI-2 protocol (IE62386), as applies to lighting control systems.
- To understand DALI-2 and how it differs from DALI-1
- To understand the key technical features and benefits of DALI-2
- To understand how DALI-2 compatible digital lighting intelligence sensors can now be used to sense and collect much more data than just applies to lighting i.e. HVAC, space occupancy, etc.
- To understand the impact a building’s technology (including its lighting) has on health and wellbeing
- To understand how DALI-2 interacts with a building’s emergency lighting
Many electrical design engineers are familiar with DALI, the international protocol that applies to the design of lighting control systems. This course will teach engineers about the very latest DALI-2 protocol and, in particular, the interoperability this digital technology allows for in providing data of use to building occupiers, as part of a wider building management system.
45-minute presentation, plus Q&A.
Assessment & certification
As an Engineer’s Ireland approved CPD, a completion certificate will be provided.
Who should attend?
Any project design engineer looking to learn more about DALI-2, lighting control systems and the smart building of future.
If you are a M&E consulting engineer or contractor, and are interested in this course, please get in touch to register your interest by emailing email@example.com.